Do you need night care in Harrogate or Knaresborough?
Continued Care supports clients
in their own homes across the Harrogate
district, each with different needs.
For many of our clients, the
current provision of daytime care – starting from 7am and finishing around 10pm
– is more than enough to meet their needs. For others, however, the lack of an
overnight care service makes life more difficult.
Speaking to our service users, we
have decided to launch a pilot scheme for overnight care in Harrogate. As well
as our existing clients, this will be open to new clients who aren’t currently
able to access care visits during the night and would benefit from the
Working in pairs, our trained
carers will visit clients at scheduled times between 9pm and 7am to offer care including administering medication,
turning clients in bed, assisting with toilet visits and more.
This new service has lots of
- Helping people to remain independent in their own homes
- Enabling people to be discharged from hospital as soon as possible with the right care set up at home
- Avoiding people having to move into residential care because they need help during the night
- Supporting people to be sociable at night and still have assistance to get to bed at a time to suit them, or to get up earlier for appointments etc
- Taking pressure off family members who have had to care for a loved one through the night
- Reassuring family members who live further afield that their loved one is being checked on regularly, both day and night
If you or someone you know could
benefit from support during the night, please get in touch to find out more.
Call us on 01423 871003.
Could you help to launch our pilot scheme for night care in Harrogate?
We are also looking for carers to
join our night team. Working in pairs, carers will visit people in their homes
around the Harrogate area, using a car to travel between appointments. They
will have a dedicated base at our Harrogate headquarters just off Skipton Road.
As with all of our staff, the
night team will get:
- Permanent contracts (we don’t offer zero-hours contracts)
- Paid holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Full training for all aspects of the job
- Opportunity to gain qualifications such as NVQs
Above all, you’ll be part of a small
team making a real difference to the lives of people in our community.
If you’d like to know more about
joining the night care team, or working with Continued Care on other shifts to
suit you, call Mike or Tanya on 01423 871003.